Welcome to Horncastle & District Indoor Bowls Club. Opened in 1990, after years of fundraising from local enthusiasts led by Councillor Sidney Cowling, the club has five rinks and is run by its members. Read more…
Here is the latest Newsletter, please note there have been some changes to the meals from the printed copy. Specifically there are now NO meals for LIBA, Mixed League and Over 60s games.
The Club is still looking for volunteers to assist with various jobs within the club. We also need people to help serving behind the bar during league matches.
If you would like to volunteer or assist within the club then please speak to Lyn Ulyatt or Judy Moody and if you can help behind the bar then please speak with Darren Trapmore.
COVID-19 – Lifting of Restricitions on 19th July 2021
Following the Governments announcement of lifting of legal restrictions for Covid-19 from 19th July 2021, The Club would like to inform Members of the following that will come into effect from Wednesday 21st July:
– Visitors are allowed into The Club, with no restriction on the amount of Bowlers and Visitors allowed.
– Lockers and cloakroom can be used.
– The Coffee machine will be available.
– Maintain cleaning regimes for areas which are touched often like lockers and coffee machine and equipment, such as the mats and jacks after bowling sessions. Sanitisers will be provided for this.
– The wearing of masks are not compulsory but for the safety and security of everyone The Club would recommend everyone wear a mask when entering the building and in crowded areas until they are seated or on the rinks bowling.
– Hand sanitisers will be available and The Club would recommend everyone sanitise and wash their hands regularly.
– The Governments guidance is for everyone to either scan the NHS QR Code or provide their name and contact number for track and trace purposes. The Club would recommend everyone comply with this.
– The Club will continue to open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and Friday and Saturday nights for Social Bowling until the Leagues start in September. All bowlers and visitors should put their name on the list for roll up.
– Members and Visitors that are displaying COVID-19 symptoms (cough, temperature and loss of taste / smell) should not enter the club, neither should you attend if anyone in your household is suffering from or displaying symptoms of Covid 19.
Finally, we would respectfully remind all of our members that Covid has not gone away. Please continue to be vigilant, wash and sanitise your hands regularly and respect the wishes of other members you may share a rink or table with.
Directors and Bowling Committee